Monday, February 16, 2009

Healthy sleep habits, happy child


A while ago, I decided that this was going to be the week that we teach Leah how to sleep in her crib. I've been reading books on how the best way to do this is...but then she got sick and I kind of chickened out. Today, my mom came to watch Leah for a bit so I could go into work for a while. She decided to jump start the sleep training while I was gone. It was a good first day. She took 3 short naps in the crib and is currently down for the night. She fussed for about 20 minutes each time, but not too badly. Hopefully this will be a relatively painless transition. She doesn't seem to be coughing much anymore, so I guess I don't really have an excuse to let her sleep in bed with me while Rick is gone. Thanks mom for making me stick to my guns.

6 comments:

Brink Boys said...

Yeah!!! Good for you, she looks so sweet in there...

Anonymous said...

Love sleeping babies! She will love sleeping in her crib, just needs to get use to it. It takes time, and tears to break them in.

Little's said...

Stay strong!! Best book ever!!!! If I can do it I know you can do it. I balled the first few nights and was in a cold sweat but the payoff is amazing!

Unknown said...

Good job Robin!

Rachel said...

Well look at that cute bed! Who won't want to curl up in that geesh!

Tripp said...

20 minutes seems like forever, but I have heard it taking kids longer. Keep up the good work Mama!