Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st Birthday Party

Ok, ok...I am sorry...I've been busy! Better late then never, I say! The weekend of Aug 8/9 - we had LOTS going on. We had my cousin's wedding which my oldest sister and her beau flew in to attend. We get to see them if we're lucky, twice a year, so it's always a treat when they come! (Thanks!) With the wedding, we had a majority of my dad's side of the family home, so we opted for a family picture. We took a few of our own - this is me and my 3 sisters. We don't get many opportunities to take these kinds of photos so we leap at the chance. Don't we So!?


We figured that the wedding was in Leah's birthday month - close enough, so we planned Leah's first birthday party for Sunday so that all of her aunties could attend. We had a GREAT turn out and even though it was a bit hot, it was a great time! We are again, very overwhelmed with the outpouring of love for our little girl. Thanks everyone!


Leah very much enjoyed her first taste of cake. A girl after her mommy's heart! She has been learning baby sign language and had just perfected the sign for "more". Here is a picture of her frantically asking for more cake. What a smartie!!
This is how I look if I get cake in front of me too.



3 comments:

Little's said...

What a great picture of you and your sisters! Leah has a very special little family:) She was such a cutie eating that cake!

Tripp said...

We loved your party Leah!

The Busscher's said...

Sorry we missed the party, I'm sure it was alot of fun. Pics too.