Saturday, May 9, 2009

Tulip Time 2009











Ah, the scent of tulips is in the air....do tulips smell like fried food, or is that elephant ears? Yesterday, we had a GREAT outing. My dad's side of the family (dubbed the Boerman Babes) got together form near and far to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday. It just so happens that my cousin Heidi (in the first picture) is a Dutch Dancer, so we hopped in the van and went downtown to watch her dance. My mom was thinking ahead and whipped up this special little Dutch Costume - because my sisters and I all wore one the same style when we were little. As an after thought, she remembered that my Grandma had made the same type for Heidi...so it was a little suprise for them all when Leah showed up in a matching costume. You can just IMAGINE how many pictures were taken of them. Soooo cute! Unfortunately, the wooden shoes (pictured in the previous post) didn't fit Leah's too fat of feet. What a fun family day - I am thankful to have such an AWESOME family!! Thanks again Mom for making Leah's costume!

7 comments:

The Busscher's said...

So cute!! Beautiful costume.

Kragts said...

Another little dutch girl I love it. She is so cute!

Tripp said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm doesn't get much cuter that that. SCRUMPTIOUS!

Sarah said...

Oh, Too cute!!!!! I love to see the little ones in dutch costumes!!

Katy said...

It should always be Tulip Time! How did you keep from biting her in that adorable costume?

Rachel said...

Yup. Don't ever get rid of that tiny costume. Pretty sure I had that same one at some point too!

Brink Boys said...

Cutest Dutchie EVER!!!