Tuesday, October 28, 2008

2 month checkup

This is one of Leah's favorite poses. She constantly has her arms up by her face or just laying back and chillin'.
Too bad she had no idea what was in store for her. She might have been a little less-laid back. We went to the Dr. for her 2 month check up yesterday. That is translated in to FIRST SHOTS! She got an excellent report card from the Pediatrician about her overall development and growth. Leah is 10 lbs and 14 oz's and 22 1/4 inches long. I could have sworn she was MUCH heavier, but hey, what do I know!!?
She is in the 25 - 50th percentile for her height, weight and head circumfrance, so she's on the smaller side, how cute and delicate!
We also discussed the non-dairy diet and the doctor feels that it would be harmful to Leah to even cheat (any more than I started to) until she is at least 9 months old. I think Vitale's business is starting to suffer from this diet!!
The shots were much more traumatic for me. 1 in her right leg, 2 in her left and one was an oral medication. She cried, of course, and of course, so did I...but she recovered quite quickly. Mommy did not. We spent the afternoon snuggling with me apologizing for the owies, but she seems to have forgiven me. We are now looking into buying stock in Children's Tylenol.


7 comments:

Katy said...

Some pictures I feel as though Leah looks like you. She's a cutie!

Brink Boys said...

Aww, shots are harder on us moms I think! At least now she won't remember, wait til shes 4!

Kragts said...

She is getting so big. I need to come see her again. She is in my holdability weight now. :) Kind of can't wait to get my hand's on the little sweetie now.

Anonymous said...

First shots are always harder on the Mommy. Big girl Leah Mae.

Little's said...

Adorable!

Unknown said...

Make it your goal to put some pounds on her. My studies show that chunky legs are more resistant to the pain from shots. :)

Tripp said...

lovin the pink onesie