Friday, October 10, 2008

first day at school


Yesterday was the first day that Leah went to "school". Our daycare center likes the kids to call it school - because it's a much more positive term - and the kids learn a lot there!
This is a picture of Leah when she left for school with her daddy. Our routine is hopefully going to be that he drops her off in the morning (giving me time to actually take a shower in the morning!) and then I pick her up at the end of the day. It worked out very well yesterday, and we hope it continues to go smoothly.
As you can see, the eyes were not open when she left. She was a little perturbed at being up by 6:30 and out the door by 7:15 - ah, paybacks for all the sleepless nights!



This is a picture of her when we got home - notice the different outfit...she went through 3 outfits yesterday - mommy only packed 1 extra set of clothes and 2 onsies - but she made sure to break in her teachers on her first day! They put her in an extra outfit that they had. I didn't know where she was right away when I went to pick her up because I didn't recognize the clothes. Anyways, she did VERY well and she is making new friends already. There are 11 other kids in her "class" under the age of 1. I am sure they will all grow up to be good friends! If you have to send your kids to daycare, I would say that our place is the best choice and it makes it so much easier to be back at work knowing she's in good hands.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a big girl!

Brink Boys said...

I am so glad she did well, minus the clothing incicdent, but that is to be expected! She looked pretty cozy when I saw her! I was hoping to run into RD this morning, but it sounds like he is already gone before I get there...

Bryan and Katy Kraker said...

She looks so chubby!

Little's said...

Adorable! She just wanted to show them what would happen if they didn't pay enough attention to her in the future:)

Anonymous said...

She looks really old in both of those pictures. Glad she enjoyed her first day at daycare and that it went ok for Mommy and Daddy too.

Unknown said...

I am more than impressed with the schedule you have going. And what a great idea to have one p drop off and one pick up!