Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bedrest Blues

Today was our 38 week doctor's appointment.....as most of you know I have been dealing with severe swelling in my feet the past couple of weeks. That has not been a major concern to the doctor because my blood pressure was staying within my normal range. That wasn't the case this morning, unfortunately. I felt unusually jittery all morning and just thought it was anticipation of hearing of any changes and getting a hint of when the baby might be coming....it was due to the fact that my blood pressure was 146/96. For those who don't know, that's quite high, and very high based on my normal range.
Jimmy decided to send me over to the hospital to be monitored and tested for Pre-eclampsia. He quickly did another internal exam - and I was delighted to hear that I am now dialated to a "good" 2 and 70% effaced. So I drove the whole block over to the hospital and walked in not knowing if the next time I walked out, I would have a baby in my arms!! After 2 1/2 hours of monitoring and blood work, they decided to release me but to strict bedrest. I am now confined to my house, laying on my left side at LEAST until my doctor's appointment on Friday afternoon. I wasn't ready for that news, but Jimmy knows best. I am thankfully allowed to get up to go to the bathroom and take a shower. I will be the cleanest girl on the block! Sooo, if anyone feels like coming to hang out at the VB house, I'll be here!!!!!

3 comments:

Little's said...

Well, the good news is hopefully you will be rested up! before the big day. I am happy you are making progress! eat lots of ice cream...I hear that helps with blood pressure ;)

Tripp said...

lot of extra time to blog! and READ! oh and email your friend at work tomorrow to get some good movie ideas :)

Unknown said...

Uh oh. If I know you at all this is probably really hard staying put like that.
Maybe I can come over for awhile sometime soon!
I will call before I stop over to see if you need anything.