Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Due Date

Today is officially my due date. I smile everytime I think that I have a 1 week old baby instead of a looming over-due baby. This week has been wonderful!!

As some of you may have seen on Tara's Blog, today has been rather eventful! First we had a trip to the pedicatrician's office for another weight check. I am happy to report that Leah is doing VERY well! She is back up to 6 lbs and 14 oz (1 oz away from original birth weight) and she is 20 1/4 inches long. I find it almost impossible that she has really grown a whole inch since she was born, but we'll go with it for now.

Then, we celebrated by going to Target - I felt it wouldn't be too germy an environment since most of the local kids are back in school!! We picked up a few things and headed home for a home made meal of mac and cheese. (and milk)

Good times for the Vb's and Tara, I should say! Leah is STILL worn out from the experience, even though she slept from 11 - 1 (through the Target experience) she is now sleeping again. What a GREAT baby!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet your enjoying NOT being preggers on a hot day like today.
Way to go on the good growing Leah Mae! Keep it up hun!

Brink Boys said...

That's great news! Keep up the good growing. I am so glad you are getting out and about!

tmauro said...

ahhhh mac and cheese. i'm still thinking about it!

Katy said...

What a day. I hope you squeezed in a nap too!

Little's said...

Wow!! That is great..must be because she can stretch out now. I hope you are sleeping :)